Free data sources (especially for research) with in the United Kingdom:
- British Oceanographic Data Centre: process, archive and distribute biological, chemical, physical and geophysical marine data around the UK.
- The Channel Coastal Observatory (CCO) is the data management centre for the Regional Coastal Monitoring Programmes.
- EDINA: EDINA delivers online services and tools to benefit students, teachers and researchers in UK Higher and Further Education and beyond – requires a subscription or membership of a university or research institute with subscription.
- Ordnance Survay Open Data: Free access to over 10 detailed digital maps, for use in both personal and commercial applications.
- UK flood data: http://un-spider.org/abo
ut-us/news/open-data-uk-enviro nment-agency-releases-flood- data-public